May 29 – June 8, 2019
Even if you don’t have ancestors from Baden-Wuerttemberg this tour will be a fun trip to enjoy some German “gemutlichkeit”. Join us as we celebrate with the village of Bötzingen their 1250th anniversary. A weekend full of festivities, an exhibit on Emigration in the 19th century, Strassenfest (street party), a tour of vineyards with wine tasting. We also will visit a living history museum, historical tour in Freiburg, before heading over into Alsace, France to visit the charming Colmar (home to Little Venice) and a bus ride through the Alsatian countryside with stops in picturesque villages for great food and wine tastings OR a visit to Lake Constance.
Even if you are not a descendant but have hometowns in Baden or Alsace this would be a great experience and we would help you to visit your hometowns also.
- The opening of the Exhibition “Emigration in the 19th Century”
- Reception of the guests by the mayor of Bötzingen
- Celebration Strassenfest (street festival) with German food and music
- Tour of the vineyards of Bötzingen with wine tasting
- Visit historical village museum in the Kaiserstuhl
- Visits to Freiburg, Germany, Colmar France, drive along the Alsatian wine road
- Tour of living history museum
- Connect with German cousins and visit ancestral church and cemetery
- All are welcome descendant or not!
Looking for descendants of family names: Ambs, Baumeier, Brodbeck, Enderlin, Gruen (Green), Jenne, Keller, Kessler, Kraus, Lay, Moll, Rebstock, Scheffel, Schmidt, Siegstein, Strubinger, Zimmerlin are just a few. See link for more detailed listing.
Please contact Family Tree Tours for more information. 888-798-2208 or email@example.com’
Research and Heritage Tour – July 5-16, 2019
Still searching for your Irish ancestors? Join us as we explore our roots in Northern Ireland. We meet with research specialists who will assist in furthering your research through classes and help in research facilities. We also will experience how our ancestors lived by visiting a living history and famine museum.
- Travel by Private Motorcoach.
- 3 days morning genealogy classes at Ulster Heritage Foundation
- 3 afternoons of assisted research at Belfast research facilities
- City tour of Belfast
- Tour through Ulster-American Heritage Park
- Lecture and research at Mellon Centre for Migration Studies
- Tour through Doagh Famine Museum
- Visit and scenic drive to Giants Causeway
- Free day for optional sightseeing
September 14-24, 2019
This tour will explore a new region for us, a region full of history and fairytales. Places that are so very important to German history, Lutherland, the Motherland of the Reformation and on the lighter side into Hessen along the Brother’s Grimm Fairytale road. Join us for this extraordinary journey into Central Germany. If you have ancestral places in Thuringia, Saxony and eastern Hessen this is your chance!
- Guided tour of Eisenach
- Tour of a Living History Museum
- Visit Archives in Gotha
- Meeting with local genealogy society & lecture
- Tour of Wartburg Castle
- Guided tour in two Hessen towns along the Fairytale Road
- Expert help on making contacts in your Ancestral Hometowns, detailed information on who and where to meet plus help with finding where your town’s records are kept.