Private Genealogical Tours: Follow in Your Ancestors’ Footsteps
You’ve done the research and pored over the historical records. You know your ancestors on paper. Now it’s time to connect these names from your past with your present and future.
A personally guided ancestry trip makes it possible to step back in time to your ancestral hometown—to your roots. Imagine having tea with your new-found cousins in Baden or standing in the living room of your great-great-grandfather’s home in Lienen. Visit local archives and further research your family tree, meet with local historians, or simply tour your ancestral hometown.
Now is your chance to journey to your ancestral hometown alone or with friends, family, or your genealogical society to share the joy of finally putting a face to the names and places you’ve learned so much about.
For travelers who like to explore with the assistance of a guide, Family Tree Tours not only custom designs your cultural heritage trip but also provides a European Heritage professional escort who is as excited about finding your family as you are. Your private guide is familiar with the region you’re visiting and helps you find that marriage or birth record that snaps the final puzzle piece of your family tree into place.
If you would like to take one of our preplanned group tours, but would like time to explore on your own, we can arrange a private tour in addition to the group trip.
When you book a Family Tree Tours private genealogy tour, we will . . .
- Personally escort you to your hometown and help you research your family tree.
- Provide an English-speaking guide who also acts as your translator.
- Drive you in a minivan or small coach to the sites you direct.
- Make hotel and train reservations within your ancestral country.
- Locate and provide all the genealogical research contacts and appointments you need to fully research your family history.
- Design a personalized itinerary to your desires, including excursions, sites of personal interest, and local cultural attractions.
When you take your family research tour, rest assured that every detail of your trip will be arranged, with the added benefit of a European Heritage professional guide to show you around your hometown.
Contact us today to plan your private heritage tour.