2013 German History Tour
Step back in time with us on our first “History” tour. We will travel back over 500 years to attend the wedding between Hedwig, the Polish King’s daughter, and George, the son of the Duke of Landshut in Bavaria. The original medieval wedding is re-enacted every four years, and everyone gets carried away with medieval jousting, pageantry, feasting and wedding processions for a short period in the summer. We also will immerse ourselves in medieval history by learning about society, trade centers, women’s role in the Middle Ages and much more with historical tours, lectures by historians as we drink in what medieval life was like in the towns of Augsburg, Nuremberg, Regensburg and Munich and more.
- 9 nights in charming Bavarian hotels
- Tour of Electorate Palace in Neuberg an der Donau (Danube)
- Visit to the oldest Social Housing complex still in use since the Middle Ages in Augsburg and learn of the wealthy Fuggerei family of merchants and traders.
- We travel to the walled city of Nördlingen to learn what happened there during the 30 years’ war and also the role of women during the Middle Ages.
- Historical lectures and tours in Nuremberg, Regensburg and Munich.
- We will attend a Medieval wedding celebration in Landshut.
Plus more adventures…
- Hotel for 10 nights
- Breakfast daily, 1 lunch and 5 dinners
- German Rail Pass
- Entrance Fees to Scheduled Tours
- * $50.00 discount for Family Tree Tours alums. If you have traveled with us
before, Welcome Back!
- Bavaria, Germany
- June 22 – July 2, 2013
- $2650.00 pp dbl – $300.00 single supplement
- Register before April 1, 2013