Romantic castles, friendly locals, and exquisite wines – enjoy all this and much more in the Rhineland-Palatinate.
What is more synonymous with Germany than the Rhine River? We indulge ourselves with the Rhine and the history of the Rhineland Pfalz, we home base in a magical village overlooking the Rhine River relaxing on our balcony overlooking the river to views of the vineyards terracing the hillside. We learn the history of the area’s emigration and what documents were left behind before you head out to visit in your ancestor’s hometown. We go back even further in history to discover the time when the Romans ruled this area. Lots more discoveries are here to be had when you join us for this historic tour.
- Tour of a Protestant Church Archive
- Lecture by local historian
- Tour of a Rhine Castle
- A tour of a Pfalz Open-air museum to learn how people lived in this area in centuries past.
- Cruise the Rhine’s most celebrated scenery viewing numerous castles along the way.
- Historical Tour of a Roman era museum
- 2-3 Free days to visit your Ancestral Hometowns (we make the contacts)
- Plus, a surprise stop on the last full day
- A small, friendly group of 12 – 16 people
- Full time services of guide & translator and local experts who will make the history of Germany come alive for you.
- Hotel for 10 nights
- Breakfast daily, and 4 dinners
- Land transportation including train tickets and private coach
- Entrance Fees to Scheduled tours in Itinerary
- Expert help on making contacts in up to three ancestral hometowns, detailed information on where and who to meet plus help with finding where your town’s records are kept.
- *$50.00 discount pp for Family Tree Tour alums. If you have traveled with us before, Welcome Back!
- Fine Print: You are responsible for the cost of your drinks and free time sightseeing and meals not mentioned in detailed itinerary.
- Rhineland-Pfalz Tour
- September 10 – 21, 2021
- 11 days/10 nights
- $2999.00 pp dbl
- $200.00 sgl supplement
- Airfare not included.
Reserve your spot on a group heritage trip today or see our other tours.