Group Genealogy Tours: A Step Back in Time
You’ve spent a lot of time researching your family history, thinking about what it would be like to go to your hometown and experience the daily lives of your ancestors. Perhaps you’ve wondered what stories you might uncover searching local records or walking around the cemetery.
Whether you’re traveling by yourself or with family or friends, joining one of our preplanned group tours gives you the security of a group with the flexibility of taking independent day trips to explore your hometown or visit relatives. This is not a bus tour where you stay in chain hotels and are tied to a group; we home base in a small town and take day trips by train.
Our preplanned Family Tree Tours group genealogy tours give you the opportunity to visit your family’s ancestral hometown. We plan and coordinate group heritage trips to Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, with occasional trips to other European countries such as Ireland. Even if you don’t know your hometown, a group ancestry tour will allow you to immerse yourself in the culture and learn more about your ancestors.
Family Tree Tours preplanned group genealogy tours include the following:
• Land travel within your ancestral country.
• A group of supportive, like-minded people also seeking their ancestral roots and ready to share stories and experiences.
• The security and camaraderie of the group without feeling as if you’re on a rigid schedule. You can take the time you wish to visit the places and people you’ve discovered.
• Contacts for European Heritage professionals in your ancestral hometown, who will meet you and escort you on your hometown visit, as well as family tree research help before the trip.
• English-speaking translators.
• Group activities such as cultural events and sightseeing tours to help you discover more about your heritage.
The genealogical research contacts in your hometown will help you discover more about your past than you thought possible.
Reserve your spot on a group heritage trip today.