Northwest Germany Tour
- We stay in a centrally located spa town.
- We visit a local county Archive with a lecture on Emigration from this area.
- A tour of the Detmold Freilichtmuseum (open air living history museum).See the types of farms and homes your ancestor lived in.
- Free Days to Visit your Ancestral Hometowns – with expert help in making contacts in your town. Visit churches, farms and perhaps find living relatives
- Tour of Bremerhaven’s Emigrant Museum with lunch on a Three-masted sailing ship.
- Visit to Hameln, of Pied Piper Fame, city tour included.
- Day trip to Buckeburg Castle, residence of the Princes of
- Schaumburg-Lippe. Tour of Castle plus enjoy the magnificent gardens and don’t miss the opportunity for Kaffee und Kuchen in the pink & white Schloss kitchen.
- Travel to Osnabrück and tour the Rathaus where the Westphalian Peace Treaty was signed, ending the 30 years war. We then visit with members of a local genealogical Society.
- Other options: Research at Bielefeld, Detmold or Osnabrück Archives, or a visit to medieval town of Lemgo and its Castle, Schloss Brake. You also can add days before or after to tour on your own.
- Hotel for 10 nights
- Breakfast daily, 2 lunch & 4 dinners
- German Twin Rail Pass
- Entrance Fees to Scheduled Tours
- Expert help on making contacts in 3 Ancestral Hometowns, detailed information on who and where to meet plus help with finding where your town’s records are kept.
- *$50.00 discount for Family Tree Tours alums. If you have traveled with us before, Welcome Back!
- Northwest Germany Tour
- May 3 – 14th 2013
- 11 days/10 nts
- $2300.00 pp dbl* – $150.00 single supplement*
- Register before March 1, 2013
Reserve your spot on a group heritage trip today or see our other tours.